Johnson County Sex Crimes Lawyer
Aggressive Sex Crimes Defense from a Top Johnson County Sex Crimes Lawyer
If you are facing Johnson County sex crimes charges, you are facing losses that go far beyond time in prison. You can lose your job, your friends, your family, and your reputation if convicted. You’ll be forever branded as a registered sex offender, and anyone with access to the internet, including potential neighbors and employers, may know that you are guilty of a sex crime. Even if you are acquitted, the mere allegation that you committed a sex offense can throw your life into turmoil. With everything at stake, anyone accused of a sexual offense should consult with an experienced and skilled Johnson County sex crimes lawyer as soon as possible.
Jerry Merrill Has the Experience You Need to Fight Your Sex Crimes Arrest
When people charged with Kansas sex offenses call Jerry Merrill, he knows that they are putting their lives and their futures in his hands. He knows they are likely scared, confused, and consumed by anxiety about what to do next or what may happen to them.
If that describes you – if you find yourself in the sights of Johnson County prosecutors determined to convict someone whom they are convinced is a sexual predator – calling Jerry for a free, confidential case evaluation may be the most important call you will ever make.
With compassion and without judgment, Jerry will listen to your story, answer your questions, and ease your mind. As your Johnson County sex crimes lawyer, He will then craft and implement an aggressive defenses strategy designed on protecting your rights and obtaining the best possible result so you can move forward with your life.
What are Sex Crimes in Kansas?
Kansas law establishes a wide range of criminal offenses involving sexual acts, sexual abuse, and sexual exploitation. Some involve physical violence and a lack of consent; others involve lewd conduct or the creation, distribution, or possession materials containing sexual images of minors.
In fact, Kansas law contains 23 separate offenses that require registration under the Kansas Offender Registration Act. No matter what Johnson County sex crime charges you face, Jerry Merrill is prepared to defend you with personal commitment and exceptional advocacy skills. He provides tenacious defense in cases involving all Kansas sex offenses, including:
- Adultery (one party under 18 years of age)
- Lewd and Lascivious Behavior (one party under 18 years of age)
- Patronizing a Prostitute (one party under 18 years of age)
- Sexual Battery
- Sexually Motivated Crimes
- Criminal Sodomy or (one party over 16 but under 18 years of age)
- Electronic Solicitation
- Aggravated Incest
- Indecent Liberties with a Child
- Indecent Solicitation of a Child
- Promoting Prostitution (person selling sexual relations over 14 years of age but under 18)
- Aggravated Sexual Battery
- Sexual Exploitation of a Child (victim over 14 years of age but under 18)
- Unlawful Sexual Relations
- Commercial Sexual Exploitation of a Child
- Criminal Sodomy (victim over 14 but under 16)
- Aggravated Criminal Sodomy
- Aggravated Human Trafficking
- Aggravated Indecent Liberties with a Child
- Aggravated Indecent Solicitation of a Child
- Promoting Prostitution (person selling sexual relations under 14 years of age)
- Sexual Exploitation of a Child (victim under 14 years of age)
- Designation as a Sexually Violent Predator
A Long Time Behind Bars and a Longer Time on the Sex Offender Registry
Given the many different sex crimes defined in Kansas law, you could face a wide range of consequences upon conviction. But make no mistake, there is no such thing as a minor sex offense. The penalties are severe and long-term.
Even first-time offenders or those accused of sex crimes involving mutual consent can be sentenced to years in state prison. Additionally, anyone convicted of a Johnson County sex crime will need to register as a sex offender for at least 15 years, while some sex crimes will result in registration for life. Additionally, the publication of sex offender registries throughout the state makes it difficult for those on the list to find housing, employment and the chance at a fresh start.
Call Johnson County Sex Crimes Lawyer Jerry Merrill Today
Jerry Merrill’s previous prosecution experience and in-depth knowledge of prosecutorial latitude are central to his efforts to defend adults and adolescents against sex offense charges. He invests his tireless work ethic and personal commitment in his clients and stands ready to start working on your defense immediately.
Contact Jerry at 913-381-2085 or online to schedule your free initial consultation. We serve clients throughout Kansas, including Johnson County, Overland Park, Shawnee and Olathe.